Glen Region Board of Directors Meeting

Motor:PlaceName> Racing:PlaceName> Research:PlaceName> Center:PlaceType>:place>

May 3, 2002:date>

 :p>

CALLED TO ORDER: 7:04:time>

 :p>

PRESENT:  Barb Luther RE, Terri Dobbs Sec., And Tim Meddaugh Past RE. Rob Craig Act. Dir., Dale Terry Dir., Rox Brown Treas.

 :p>

ABSENT:  Bob Burns Asst. RE, Gina Metcalf Dir., Sandy Nolan Dir., and Ed Zebrowski Dir.

 :p>

GUEST:  Ray Oliver, Bob Brown

 :p>

MINUTES:  Minutes from the April 4 meeting were reviewed.  MOTION by Dale Terry to approve the minutes. SECONDED by Rob Craig.  CARRIED.

 :p>

TREASURER’S:  Rox gave the treasurer’s report.  MOTION by Dale Terry to approve the treasurer’s report as given.  SECONDED by Terri Dobbs.  CARRIED.

 :p>

ACTIVITIES:  Social meeting at Cornell went very well.  The first SOLO II held in Waverly had 49 cars entered.  Rob is going to try to arrange that the August social meeting be held someplace like Seneca Grand Prix, more info to come later.  May 11 Solo will be held at Arnot Mall.  Organizer for the Memorial Day parade to held in Corning:place>:City> has asked if we would like a booth or to be in the parade.  Rob is checking into the possibility of holding the annual awards banquet at Glenora Winery.

 :p>

OLD BUSINESS:

 :p>

Comp board; at the last comp board meeting supps were reviewed and sent to Denver:place>:City>. Sanctions numbers are here for all of our races.  On line registration should be up and running by time our events happen.  We need to order new tech stickers; Ray will take care of this.   Something new to add to the driver’s packet will be directions to area hospitals for all teams. 

 :p>

Vehicle rules; Mike Taves will contact Jim Brown about installing the timing rack that Solo uses permanently so it won’t rattle around when driven.  Need to change names and address on the registration for both van and trailer.  Returning the van clean and full of gas after an event has been very difficult in the past due to the lateness or the distance, so in the future event chairpersons will be able to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to return the van in its proper state.

 :p>

Sunshine committee; Members who experience an illness should let the Secretary know so we can send a get well card.  We will look into establishing a memorial for members of the region who have past away during the year.  This memorial honor will take place at the either the annual meeting or the awards banquet.

 :p>

Appointments; MOTION by Tim Meddaugh to approve the appointment of Ed Zebrowski as NYSRRC representative.  SECONDED by Dale Terry.  CARRIRED.

 :p>

Feasibility and planning committee; met April 13.  Discussed what was wanted and needed in the possible purchase of land.  Needs are as follows 20 to 30 acres, ability to be able to hold rally crosses, possible expansion for future paving to hold solo’s, build a club house or storage facility.  They will be looking for land.

 :p>

NEW BUSINESS:

 :p>

Ray showed us 12oz. Bottled water that was made up with our logo on it.  We would be able to purchase these at $9.00 for a case of 24.  These would be to hand out to drivers in impound or to workers.  We need to check with WGI to make sure this will be ok since they have an official water sponsor at the track.  Ray will check into this and get back to us.

 :p>

ADJOURNED:  8:50

 :p>

Submitted by Terri Dobbs