Glen Region Board of Directors meeting

October 3, 2002

Motor Racing Research Center

 :p>

CALLED TO ORDER:  7:05

 :p>

PRESENT:  Barb Luther RE, Dale Terry Dir., Tim Meddaugh Past RE, Bob Burns Asst. RE, Gina Metcalf Dir., Rob Craig Act. Dir., Terri Dobbs Sec.

 :p>

ABSENT:  Sandy Nolan Dir., Ed Zebrowski Dir., Rox Brown Treas.

 :p>

GUEST:  Bill Bradshaw, John Florence

 :p>

MINTUES:  minutes from the September 5 meeting were reviewed.  MOTION by Dale Terry to approve the minutes.  SECONDED by Tim Meddaugh.  CARRIED.

 :p>

TREASURER’S REPORT:  Rox was not present to give a report.  Barb gave a brief run down of where we stand for the year.  Both racing and solo are in good shape for the year.  Rox was able to transfer $40,000 back into our A.G. Edwards checking account, which still leaves enough in our Chemung account to carry us through the rest of this year.  The only area in which our accounts have decreased is our investment account at A.G. Edwards; this is due to the current stock market decline.

 :p>

ACTIVITIES REPORT:  The Awards banquet will be at Glenora Winery north of Watkins Glen on route 14.  It will be held December 7.  More info will follow.  The next social gathering of the region will be held October 26 from 2-4 at the Beaver Dams fire hall.  This will be a family event with games and prizes for both kids and adults.  Next Solo event will be held October 20 at the War Plane Museum.  The annual meeting of the region will be held November 16 at the Motor Racing Research Center; this will include beverages and hors’ oeuvres. 

 :p>

OLD BUSINESS:

 :p>

New banners and flags for region:  Sandy is working on getting quotes to replace the banners.  Bob Burns is working on quotes to replace the region flag, He will call Chris McAllister.

 :p>

Nominating Committee:  John Florence submitted the following members for the election of officers for 2003.  The report was submitted September 9.

Regional executive:  Barb Luther

Assistant RE:            Bob Burns

Treasurers:                Roxanne Brown

Secretary:                  Lin Hurd

Activities Director:   Rob Craig

Directors:                  Ed Hurd

                                  Bill Schultz

 :p>

Storage Garage: A work party will be held October 19 to clean out the storage garage.  The party will start at 2 and continue until it’s done.

 :p>

Mini-Con:  Will be November 1-3, hosted by D.C. region.  Location is Columbia Maryland, Hilton.  E-mails have been sent.  If you need more information contact Barb.

 :p>

NEW BUSINESS:

 :p>

Race dates for 2003:  National July 13-14, Regional July 26-27, Regional September 13-14, Driver School/Regional October 10-12.

 :p>

Adirondack International Speedway:  There was discussion about the new track just outside of Watertown.  After lengthy discussion a MOTION by Bob Burns that Barb contact CNY region offering assistants of the Glen region to set up and run a event at AIS.  SECONDED by Tim Meddaugh.  CARRIED.

 :p>

Higher Education Grant:  MOTION by Dale Terry to approve the  $500.00 expenditure for the higher education grant with the same criteria as in the past.  SECONDED Bob Burns.  CARRIED.

 :p>

Susquehanna 500:  This years Susquehanna 500 was again very successful.  The Red Cross will again give us $3,000 for helping run this event.  A very big thank you from the board of directors to all the members who worked both before and during the event to make sure this continues to be a successful event year after year.  Due to economics of the times the Red Cross lost sponsors this year so a MOTION was made by Rob Craig to donate $500 back to the red cross to help defray cost for them.  SECONDED by Tim Meddaugh.  CARRIED.

 :p>

Donation to the Motor Racing Research Center:  There was discussion about making a donation of $5,000 to the Center.  The general consensus of the bod is that we have had a very successful year and we are a not for profit organization.  We will ask the budget committee to look into this matter and Barb will add it to the agenda for the Annual Meeting.

 :p>

By-Laws:  Bill Bradshaw   talked about the possible changes to the current by-laws and asked if there are any further suggestions.  He will prepare a presentation for the Annual Meeting.

 :p>

Nominating Committee:  John Florence recommended that next year there be a chairmen appointed by the board of directors.  John step forward to take the helm of the committee due withdrawals from the committee.  We thank this year’s committee for a tremendous job in filling the slate for elections.

 :p>

ADJOURNED:  8:48

Submitted by Terri Dobbs